Thursday, June 4, 2009





Well I'll try to update any who are interested. We have had some late nights visiting and Rebekah and I not feeling well and wanting to get to bed ASAP. As I mentioned briefly in a previous post we had dinner with Roberto and Monica. They are a wonderful family and very thoughtful. As I mentioned last night Roberto stopped in late with 2 space heaters. Next week Monica would like to take us to the hotel (4 or 5 star) to let the kids go swimming... indoor heated. Last night Kevin and Karla Boot visited for awhile. They are missionaries with CCI. Tonight Kevin and Karla brought over an American couple, Ben and Becky. Ben is doing a 6 month internship to get his MBA in International Business. They have 4 children and the youngest was 1 month old when they came down in Jan. Today we met with Daisey for the second time. She is the CEJA social worker. After our meeting she was very positive and thought things were going very well. We are just about half way to returning to Cascavel to meet with the judge there and make the adoption legal. Unfortunately, we will be here another 2+ weeks after that. One thing the children (mostly the older 2) are concerned about is learning English. They wanted to know why they can't just keep speaking Portuguese. I believe Daisey tried to explain to them but reality will hit them when they land in the US and not find anyone speaking Portuguese. Today a man from the office was in back while we were taking a walk. It looked like he was stringing up a long bow (archery). But it turned out to be a 1-string instrument that he sang and played. He showed Pamela what to do. Then Wellington showed up and he already knew what to do. He stood on his hands and head and danced a jig. It was funny and great to watch. Almost everyday we play Hide-N-Seek. Most of the time I could probably find the children quickly, but I will look the other way or pass by them and act like I don't see them. All that to kill an extra 5-10 in each game we play. Eventually if I don't find them they come out of hiding. Deep down inside of themselves, they want to be found. They don't want to be separated from me for good. They want to be in my presence. When we try to hide from God because of guilt, sin, or something else; deep inside the Spirit convicts and we really long to be in God's presence. Could you image being Adam and Eve? Each day they walked and communed with God. When they hid after their sin they didn't try to stay hidden. They answered when God called for them. They knew what it was like have fellowship with God and they didn't want to lose it. Do we answer God when He calls for us. Do we actually listen for Him. His Spirit dwells in us and draws us to Him. It is also comforting to know that God knows where we are and doesn't look the other way. Someone looked the other way a lot before the children were rescued. In a game I may look the other way, but in reality God has led us not to look the other way. My Night Time Sinus medicine is kicking in. I better sign off before I ssstarrrt tooo slurrrr.
Dave

1 comment:

  1. I just wanted to say that even though you don't know me, I'm among your interested readers. We are hoping to be in your shoes in less than a month because we're waiting for our invitation letter to go adopt 4 children from Curitiba. Could be any day now. It's so good for our souls to see in your story how God ordains and knits families together.

    Hope you don't mind us following along.

    Kim and James
    fullton.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete