Sunday, June 28, 2009

Last Sunday in Curitiba




Any of you that know me, are aware I like to have fun. Well today in church there was a pastor from the US visiting and he was near the door greeting the people (we go to the English speaking service). I told him we come to church to practice our English (I spoke with a slight accent). He asked if we were from the Curitiba area. My wife ruined my fun... she does that every once in a while... and told him I was teasing him as we are from the US. We have enjoyed meeting other Americans while we have been here. At the end of the service, the pastor had us up front to pray for us. Everyone wanted us to come back. I told them one day for sure we would worship together.
Friday Karla took 3 kids and Rebekah downtown shopping for some souvenirs and they really enjoyed walking the plaza and seeing some of the older parts of Curitiba. Saturday's highlight was going to a movie with "Chillo Berto". I'm not sure that those behind us were able to enjoy it much, as popcorn flew, Gabe toured the isle (not silently) and the kids were having regular conversations throughout the movie. But it was some time out and Berto is always a hit with the kids. Yes, that's him dancing with Gabe in the pictures. We are all begging him and his wife to come visit us in the States. They have been a super blessing. God has certainly been good to us here and now it is about time to leave. It is always comforting to know God is with us all the time. This weekend I was starting to walk down the hall to get something when one of the kids stuck their head out the door and said "Daddy". Usually they call me "Pia" (dad in Portuguese). They wanted to know know where I was going. They wanted to know if I was going to be there for them. In the Bible "Abba" means daddy, and we can call out to God as if He is our Daddy. So when you are hurting, afraid, discouraged, lonely, or sad; you can call on your Dad who is ALWAYS there. Even if your time here on earth is waning it is never to late to call on your Dad. And when you are joyful, excited, or just plain content... call Dad.
God Bless,
Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment