Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Today was a rainy dreary day. Little chance to be outside. This afternoon we met with Daisy and Lino. Daisy was very pleased with our progress and will meet with us on Monday for the last time. Tomorrow is a big holiday here in Brazil. We have to move to a different place for 3 nights. It is only a couple hundred yards away. We will pack just enough clothes and necessities to take with us and store the rest here at Betania. This will mean a different routine for the kids... hope they adjust well. Rebekah is slowly feeling better. Today's weather probably didn't help. Today at lunch "I hit the wall". That is an expression Rebekah and I use when all of a sudden you get very sleepy and wish you could go to bed. I haven't had that since I have been here. Maybe I have relaxed enough to have it happen. I have been to Brazil 2 other times, but this time it is different. I finally realized what it was. I was experiencing the Brazilian culture. The other trips I was on a missions trip with other Americans and we had sporadic exposure to the culture. This time we are around very few Americans and completely surrounded by Brazilians and their daily lives. I have had several interesting discussions with people. The following is a Public Service Announcement (PSA) brought to you by Rebekah. "We have received several blog responses and we have tried to reply but we aren't able. If you send us a message to our e-mail address... drmowry@juno.com we can reply to you. Thanks and we hope to hear from several of you." Now it is time for me (Dave) to hit the "hay".

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the updates, enjoyed Rebekah's note yesterday as well! Rebekah, I hope that today found you feeling yet stronger. Praying that the children do well in the new temporary environment.

    Thinking of you, and praying for all of you . . . and your crew at home too!

    Blessings from Texas~

    Tina
    waitingfaithfully@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our prayers are with you!

    The VanBruggens

    ReplyDelete