Thursday, May 28, 2009

Today was the longest 2 weeks of my life! With an opening line like that you know the guys are saying, "This is going to be fun reading" and the ladies are saying, "Oh my! I wonder what happened, I hope everyone is OK" If my spelling and grammar is/are worse than usual I'm operating on about 2 1/2 hrs sleep. So please excuse the word slurring from sleep deprivation. I'm operating on 3 cups of Brazilian coffee and a glass of Guarana. Gabe had a rough night. Fever started going up, breathing continued to be labored and shallow. Finally at 5:00 AM we called Lino. He arrived about 6:00 and took Rebekah and Gabe to a Hospital. Fortunately Curitiba has excellent medical facilities for South America. Some say the best in Latin America. After Rebekah left I continued to pray till 6:30. I included in my prayers that God would have the 3 children sleep an extra 1/2 hr. They usually get up at 7:00 sharp. And God answered my prayer... "my grace is sufficient for you" not the verse I was hoping for. At 6:40 the girls came in and that was end of sleep. I told them to get dressed for breakfast which doesn't start til 8:00. I was hoping for 5-10 minutes of sleep. Not a chance. They started bringing clothes and asking me to pick between 2 choices. I couldn't remember what pants they decided on by the time they brought in their shirts. Needless to say when Rebekah returned later, she hoped I wasn't the one who picked out their clothes for the day. Hey... they were modest, no one really looks that close at color co-ordinating. When it was close to breakfast time I looked at Pamela's hair and did the wisest thing I could think of... "Lidiane, could you please do Pamela's hair?" After dragging out breakfast for as long as I could... including 2 cups of coffee.... it was time to play hide-and-seek. Wellington and Lidiane teamed up against Pamela and I. I dragged that out as long as I could. Truth be know I was in no hurry to find them and end the game. After 2 hrs of that I had to kill another 1 1/2 hrs before lunch. Can you guys say video. Just before lunch I finally called Lino's cell ph#. Rebekah answered and said they would be leaving soon. Gabe had 6 different breathing treatments and some other medicine for viral bronchitis (spelling). By the time they arrived we were having lunch and Gabe was much happier. PTL. Lino said it would have cost R$550 (Brazilian currency) but they went to the free medical side of the hospital as it was so early in the morning and they got right in and didn't have to wait. I was fearing and dreading the cost. The rest of the day had its issues and by 4:45 I was thinking it had to be supper time. We did eat a bit earlier in hopes of getting to bed a little earlier. This morning as I was praying for Gabe, I found myself worrying and fearing all sorts of things. Is it pneumonia (spelling), will he have to stay in the hospital, what about the cost... no Blue Cross Blue Shield down here, will the other 3 children be all upset that Gabe and Mom were gone when they woke. Help Lord! I don't know what to do. Peter said something similar to that as he was sinking in the stormy waters. Fear... what should we fear? When we put the girls to bed they like to have a light left on all night. And they would say something we didn't understand. The 2nd night they said it, we discovered they were saying "We are afraid!" I sat down, looked at Lidiane and said... "Pae es aqui y eu ajudo"... "Daddy is here and I will help" She smiled, lay down her head and fell asleep. They next time I am afraid I hope to remember... Daddy is with me and will stretch out his hand. Did God answer my prayer... Gabe is doing better, the kids were kept occupied, it cost very little for medicine. Fear... what should I fear?

No comments:

Post a Comment