Tuesday, May 26, 2009





Today started great. We woke to sunny skies and I couldn’t wait for breakfast to be over. Yesterday when I went to Wal-Mart I bought a soccer ball for Wellington, but I didn’t show it to him last night as I didn’t want him to go crazy kicking it in the room, down the hall, up/down steps, etc. After we ate and brushed teeth, I brought out the ball… he was ready to go. Although he could play any position in the US, he likes to play goalie here. Needless to say the time between breakfast and lunch went by quickly. This afternoon the clouds rolled in and we had on and off light rain/sprinkles making it a long wait before dinner. At dinner tonight the impossible happened. I have told Rebekah there is probably no food that Gabe won’t eat. That boy sees food and he thinks it is his and if it isn’t his he wants some. He eats more than the 2 girls combined… easily. I don’t think his stomach is ever empty. If you look closely at his pictures it may seem like he doesn’t smile much… he does but his cheeks are so chubby its hard to tell. Anyway, I found something that Gabe won’t eat… watermelon. Of all the things in the world to dislike… watermelon?? There is a mission organization with their offices here called CCI (Crossover Communications Int’l). They have an international phone that they pay $30/month for unlimited calls. They have said we can use it to call home. It doesn’t cost them anymore…PTL. We called and spoke with Titus and Peyton. Grandpa Smith was watching them as Terry and Kevin were in town. They talked about fishing. We put Pamela on the phone to talk… and she did. They didn’t understand too much. The boys seem to be doing well. Later we called home and spoke with Wesley and Amilia. We put Lidiane and Wellington on to talk. The girls talk mostly about Amilia and Wes. It will be interesting once we get home. As the evening set in we noticed Gabe getting a lot of congestion, drainage, coughing. A Brazilian family that is staying here for a few weeks, called a Dr and took Rebekah to a Rx to get medicine. Please pray for a quiet night sleep for him (and us). Lest you think the kids never do anything wrong, they do. I think it best not to include too much of the issues and difficulties. It probably would be too easy if there wasn’t the language barrier. This keeps us depending on God and not on ourselves. Last Friday (before we met the children) when we were meeting with the Judge; he pulled out the file and showed pictures of the children before they were taken into custody. It basically shocked us. I would not want them ever to see those pictures. There would be few people in the world that would want to get down on their level and reach out their arms to give them a hug, let alone hold their hand or even touch them. They had nothing to offer anyone in the world. If I saw them then would I be here today?? Just thinking about this, how can I not say " what did God see in me?" I had nothing to offer. I was filthy. I was helpless. Spiritually dead! God didn't and doesn't need me and all that I need is HIM! His love brought adoption to my level, held out His arms to embrace me and made me beautiful in His sight. What greater adoption story is there than that. There is more lessons I am learning daily but this will do for tonight. Please keep praying for us as I know many are. All you prayer warriors are part of this adoption whether you realize it or not.
God Bless,
Dave

1 comment:

  1. Hi my precious friend,
    I am still in Texas but I just got word from your son through my Taryn, I am dancing and celebrating and doing my praise Him happy dance. Iam so excited and can't wait to hug you and those babies when you arrive home. I will be following the blog and praying like crazy. Love you sister and celebrating with you.
    To HIM be the glory!
    amy

    ReplyDelete