Monday, May 25, 2009

I knew it had to come to an end. After all, it is later Fall (almost winter) down here. We woke to wet sidewalks and a light rain that was on/off most of the day. The worst part... rain is in the forecast now thru the weekend. Not that it is a tremendous amount... some days it may rain 5.... mm. Don't ask me how much that is but the farmers back home would probably say "it didn't even settle the dust". So we had to spend more time inside. It was unfortunate for me... I mean Rebekah, as I went with Lino to exchange money, look at a car to rent if needed, and shop at Walmart. They do have what looks like peanut butter down here but I didn't buy any. Cost twice as much for 3 times less... figure that one out all you math geniuses. By the time we got back, Rebekah was glad to see me. Pamela was standing at the window looking for me to come thru the gate. One great answer to prayer... Hallelujah!!! the 2 suitcases carrying all the kids clothes arrived. As you may remember we were living on 3 changes of clothes that the orphange sent with the kids. Wellington continues to come out of his shell and is a big help. He will get after the others if they are not obeying. Lidiane is letting her guard down more also. Pamela had her moments today but we are working thru them. Gabe didn't sleep well last night so was cranky. Many times when he heard the word "no"... it was pitch-a-fit time. They are learning more all the time. Lino watched and spoke with the children. Later he said to me the kids are doing great. They said they liked us. He said compared to most adoptions they will give little trouble. But what does that mean? Little trouble?? Could it mean that when you ask the children to write their name, including their new last name, they respond by saying that is not my name. It could be difficult to comprehend why wouldn't they want my last name. After all look what I am doing for them. Do those adopted into God's family ever have a problem with what God has called all to be. In I Peter, God wants His children to be... "obedient." Do not live in the old sinful ways of the past. I am Holy and I am calling you (to be) holy. But that may mean I need to change... a lot. I have lived fine without you... this is who I am. Besides, You said You loved me... always have and always will. For those truly born "adopted" into God's family, this attitude will change. It is part of the maturing process. I was glad when later in the day the kids were talking about their "new" name. Oh, if it could always be this easy. If I could always respond that quickly to God. It only hurts me when I resist.... and WHY do I resist? I must always remember..... love.... always has and always will.
Dave

1 comment:

  1. Hi David and Rebekah:

    Thanks for the great photo of this new part of the family. What beautiful children. I can hardly wait to visit all of you in Michigan.

    I'm back in Londrina at the Crystal Palace Hotel. Phone here is 043 3315-1515 rm. 302.
    Where are you staying? Can you get the telephone number and send it to me?

    Looking forward to talking with you.

    Frank Gorsline

    ReplyDelete