Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Rio... for how long?

This will be short as I am at a business that provides access to the internet. Of course it is not free but not that much. We made it to Rio with little incident. Lidiane complained about her ears but that was about the worst of it. This morning we woke up at 5:15 to get to the US Consulate by 7:45... which we did. After some waiting we finally met with a man who looked over everything and said that it all looked good and they would approve the visas. They just had to check for somethings which is standard procedure. Then he asked for an address to send the visas. I told him we were staying with a friends parents and did not know the address. I also said that we were told we would pick up the visas on Fri. He said they do not do it that way. I thought about arguing as I know other families have returned to pick up the visas. But no use in sharing the truth with a government worker... ouch! (My brother works for the governement). Anyway he went to check with someone... who I am sure is very important and was on a coffee break... and he returned to say that we could come back tomorrow to see if they have the visas ready. (It usually takes 2 days). I offered to comeback on Fri so that I would not make the trip if they were not ready that quick. He informed me that Sat was July 4th and the Consulate would be closed Fri.... uuuggghh!! I take back every bad thing I have said about government workers!! So I am calling on any and all prayer warriors to ask God to have the visas ready tomorrow... Thurs. I do not know if our government is efficient but I do know my God can do anything. If the visas are not ready Thurs... I guess we will have a lot of phone calls to make. We will have to stay another day and change flights and .... please Lord, let them have the visas ready. So once again... pray and see how God will work. I will update as I am able.
Dave

1 comment:

  1. PRAYING!!

    He is ABLE!

    Lord we're asking You to move one more mountain! Please get the visas done early.
    In Jesus name, Amen and Amen!

    Come onnnnnnnnnn Visas!

    Praying in Texas,

    Tina

    ReplyDelete